A diamond wire saw is a saw that uses a diamond beaded wire or cable for cutting.
This wire is wrapped around a concrete or masonry structure and then fed through a series of pulleys before being tensioned, rotated then pulled through the concrete to be cut.
Because of the hardness of diamonds, the diamond wire saw can cut through almost any material that is softer than the diamond abrasive.
Wire saws are also useful equipment for cutting through large sections of reinforced concrete such as bridge sections, jetties, columns or beams.
WHEN IS THE BEST TO USE :
If you want to remove a large area of heavily reinforced concrete at a location where there are access restriction and speed as well as a depth of cutting are critical factors, diamond wire sawing is the ideal solution. For instants, if you want to cut a large section of columns and beams in a bridge deck ensuring excellent speed and extensive depth of cutting, then diamond wire sawing & cutting is the right alternative.
The Benefits :
There are several reasons why conventional diamond saw blades won’t work for a concrete cutting project: the concrete structure may be too large, the shape may be too irregular to safely work around, the location may be too inaccessible, or the structure may be too heavily reinforced for blades to cut through. Wire saws are easily able to navigate all of those problems. The benefits of using wire saws for concrete construction projects also include:
- Cleaner construction areas. Since water needs to flow across the wire saw to keep concrete dust from building up and damaging the equipment, this process produces much less airborne dust than traditional saws. Not only does less dust make the construction area easier to clean up, but it also keeps workers from inhaling concrete particulates.
- Deeper concrete cuts. Traditional cut-off machines, diamond chainsaws, and circular saws have a limited reach. Wire saws offer an almost unlimited depth range for concrete cutting.
- Precision cutting. Since the wire is more narrow and flexible than ring saws, concrete cuts will be more precise using wires. And since the wire is guided through pre-cut drill holes, the final cuts will always be the right size and in the right location.
- Easy access. Wire saws don’t require as much space to operate as ring saws do. And since they aren’t manually operated, it’s an ideal option for construction jobs that have hard-to-reach places and are in challenging environments like underwater.
- Quiet. Wire saws cause minimal vibrations and are much quieter than other construction equipment. This low noise output makes it the preferred cutting option for residential projects and night operations.
- Quick cutting. Since wire sawing doesn’t require manual operators, the machine can cut at a consistent speed without breaks. This keeps construction projects running on schedule.
- Increased safety. Because wire saws are remote control operated, it minimizes the risk of an accident and keeps everyone near the construction site safe.
If you have any further questions about our Diamond Core Drilling then please do not hesitate to call us on 01 556 3353 or 0852349134.
Alternatively you can request a free survey or call back.